In Madagascar, the Fondation Hirondelle is launching a major competition to find the logo for its new station "Radio Sifaka" dedicated to promoting peace through the voice of youth. Anyone can participate!
Why a new radio?
The Fondation Hirondelle, a Swiss non-profit organization that provides information to people facing crises, will soon inaugurate a new radio station in Madagascar whose motto is to: pave the way for peace through the voice of young people.
This is an initiative of the United Nations System in Madagascar implemented by the Fondation Hirondelle. Radio Sifaka's programmes will start in the last quarter of 2019.
Radio Sifaka takes its name from a species of lemurs endemic to Madagascar. A positive symbol and a name that also refers to the wide range sound they emit to communicate. The aim of this new radio station will be to give a voice to the younger Malagasy generations and enable them to dialogue and make their voices heard peacefully, in order to contribute to development and peacebuilding efforts in the country.
Radio Sifaka will also provide young women and men in the country with access to reliable, quality, non-partisan information that will encourage their critical thinking. This radio station also aims to make daily life easier and to inspire community initatives that promote peace.
Information about the competition
The design of the Radio Sifaka logo must take into account the contents and objectives described above, to contribute to good communication and recognition of Radio Sifaka by the public.
The logo must also meet certain technical criteria:
- Creation of a type logo / radio symbol, in unvectored EPS format
- The creative idea is inspired by the word "Sifaka" and/or the notions of "dialogue", "peace", "information", "radio / waves", corresponding to the objectives of the project indicated above. Modern, light, elegant, "young" logo, avoiding a too heavy or demonstrative symbolism
- Integrate the name "RADIO SIFAKA" in the logo in capital letters, using a modern and elegant font, consistent with the standard logo
- Integrate a key message, a "slogan" in Malagasy language related to the project idea. This slogan should be short and evoke the notions of radio, youth, peace, (etc.)
- Use of two colours, no more. Dynamic but harmonious colours, ensuring that they are not negatively associated with Madagascar
The proposed logos will be presented to the heads of the United Nations System and the Fondation Hirondelle, who will form a selection committee, who may make suggestions or requests for modifications.
The winner of the competition will receive MGA 2,000,000,000 and will agree to the full transfer of copyright and copyrights to the United Nations. The selected logo must be provided as a non-vectored EPS file.
To be eligible, candidates must be under 35 years of age.